Technical Writing Engineer Mission Critical Data Center Operations
Technical Writing Engineer - Data Center Operations
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have:
- Mechanical and / or electrical technical or engineering background
- A desire to learn and grow in the field of data center operations.
- Familiarity with or entry-level experience in mission critical facilities operations or engineering and infrastructure (UPS, HVAC, generators, fire/life safety systems).
- The ability to:
- Respond effectively, verbally and in writing, to sensitive issues, complex inquiries or complaints.
- Interact effectively with managers, colleagues, clients and customers
- A high level of commitment to customer service to both co-workers and clients.
- Advanced capabilities with technological devices:
- High level use of computers programs (Examples, MS Suite including Teams and advanced Excel skills.)
- Easily navigate and utilize mobile devices including tablets or iPad.
- Easily adapt to new programs and take initiative to learn quickly.
Preferred but not required:
- Electrical, HVAC and / or mechanical licenses.
- Experience with
- Writing technical methods of procedure
- Computerized maintenance management systems
- Incident reporting and incident reporting systems
- Reading and interpreting blueprints / construction drawings and documents
- AutoCAD, Visio and PDF documents.
- Project management experience
- Hands-on electrical or mechanical skill and competence in the area of non-expertise (for example, electrical expertise with mechanical competence, or vice-versa).
Normal work schedule will be day shift. Some shift flexibility may be required. Training may last three to six months.
You will join the Facilities Engineering team at this site. This role involves contributing to the oversight, monitoring and management of data center operations including the HVAC, electrical, BMS, emergency generators and fire/life safety systems and supporting the teams maintaining these systems.
Your specific activities may include:
- Supporting the monitoring and maintenance of all building systems, mission critical facilities equipment and other equipment associated with the raised floor environment including mechanical, electrical, emergency generators, fire/life safety systems and associated equipment.
- Contributing to the routine, ongoing assessment of the building systems operations.
- Administering the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Assisting, as necessary, with scheduling of preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services.
- Coordinating maintenance efforts, as needed, with outside contractors, tenant finish personnel and engineers.
- Supporting the team's compliance with all safety procedures as well as utilization of protective equipment.
- Maintaining ongoing communication with tenants, owners, property management and vendors.
- Updating and / or maintaining as-built drawings.
- Supporting the team's compliance with applicable codes, requisitions, government agencies and DLR directives as relates to building operations.
Primary Focuses will be:
- Championing the building management programs for a mission critical facilities environment.
- Assisting with maintaining inventory control programs / purchasing parts and supplies.
- Performing technical writing of associated standard operating procedures (SOP), methods of procedure (MOP) and emergency operating procedures (EOP) for teams to follow during maintenance work.
- Facilitating the Digital Transformation of site level operations and training current teams on current and new digital tools. Maximizing the efficiency of how we perform our jobs.
this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day-above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE:
DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.