Strategy insights & planning consultant/strategy & transformation
ZS is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. From R&D to portfolio strategy, customer insights, marketing and sales strategy, operations and technology, we leverage our deep industry expertise and leading-edge analytics to create solutions that work in the real world. Our most valuable asset is our people—a fact that’s reflected in our values-driven organization in which new perspectives are integral and new ideas are celebrated. ZSers are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive in industries ranging from healthcare and life sciences, to high-tech, financial services, travel and transportation, and beyond.
ZS’s Strategy & Transformation solution area works with clients to define and make strategic choices and drive stronger execution of strategies for lasting impact and change. We accomplish this by engaging with clients earlier in the process and playing an active role in defining the strategy. Additionally, we target clients who have broad, strategic mandates (typically VP level or above within the organization). Therefore, we offer value to the client by linking strategy to implementation in a seamless fashion, drawing on ZS’ broad expertise along this continuum.
STRATEGY INSIGHTS & PLANNING CONSULTANT/STRATEGY & TRANSFORMATION
Consultants help lead project teams or components of larger projects. Consultants possess unstructured problem solving skills as well as strong analytic, synthesis and communication skills and polished PowerPoint skills. Consultants are likely to work on multiple project workstreams simultaneously.
- Develop understanding of the broader biopharma and MedTech landscape, including technologies, platforms, and assets in development
- Ability to quickly identify critical key client issues and develop, shape, and inform hypotheses in ambiguous and unstructured environments
- Lead discussions with client senior management (VPs and above) on both client-specific matters and issues affecting the broader healthcare landscape
- Structure and develop client deliverables in PowerPoint, including “telling the story” with supporting analysis in a clear and effective manner
- Design and execute qualitative and/or quantitative analyses to test and support or refine hypotheses (for both reasonable quick estimates and precise in-depth models)
- Drive project task execution by ensuring progress, organizing project data and coordinating team meetings and guiding and teaching more junior team members
- Integrate multiple information sources (primary, secondary and analytical research) to inform complex problems
- Participate in presentation and communication of results to clients and internal teams
- Provide thought leadership and innovation within projects and practice areas
- Project management for smaller projects or leading key modules of larger projects
- Participate in business development by supporting proposal development
- Contribute to internal firm activities and advancing ZS’s capabilities
- MBA and Bachelor's degree with a strong academic record in business, economics, marketing, psychology, physical or life sciences, engineering, applied math, statistics or related fields OR a PhD in marketing, economics, or related field with a business application
- In lieu of an MBA or PhD, candidates with 5-8 years of relevant work experience in a management consulting firm will be considered
- Candidates with a combination of business and scientific/technical backgrounds and experience are preferred
- High motivation, good work ethic, maturity and personal initiative
- Aptitude for, and enjoyment of, leading and managing teams
- Effective oral and written communication skills that enable personal impact with senior-level decision makers
- Strong attention to detail, with a quality-focused mindset
- Analytic problem-solving skills, with a creative and innovative outlook
- Client service orientation
ZS is a global consulting firm; fluency in English is required, additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable.
Candidates must possess work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a cover letter expressing interest and a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and retirement savings benefits. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE.
Connect with ZS on social media:
- Like ZS Careers on Facebook
- Follow ZS Careers on Twitter and Instagram
- Follow ZS on LinkedIn for more job opportunities
- Subscribe to the ZS YouTube channel
- Explore the Life at ZS blog
ZS has been recognized globally for its expertise in consulting and its flexible work environment. View ZS’s accolades .