Staffing coordinator nursing resources nights flex
Cedars-Sinai is a leader in providing high-quality healthcare encompassing primary care, specialized medicine and research. Since 1902, Cedars-Sinai has evolved to meet the needs of one of the most diverse regions in the nation, setting standards in quality and innovative patient care, research, teaching and community service. Today, Cedars-Sinai is known for its national leadership in transforming healthcare for the benefit of patients. Cedars-Sinai impacts the future of healthcare by developing new approaches to treatment and educating tomorrow’s health professionals. Additionally, Cedars-Sinai demonstrates a commitment to the community through programs that improve the health of its most vulnerable residents.
The Nursing Resources Office acts as a resource for appropriate allocation of Nursing services. We provide supplemental staffing to all clinical areas where nursing is practiced. Nursing Supervisors serve as the Administrator on duty 24 hours coverage on weekends and holidays. Nursing Supervisors/ Administrator on duty (AOD) are available as a resource to all staff, families and visitors. As an Administrator on Duty, the Nursing Supervisor evaluates, directs and supervises overall medical center activities during the tour of duty. The AOD manages the supplemental staff such as Career float pool, Per Diem Staff, Travelers, Agency Staff, Interpreter Services and the team of Crisis Nurses.
Are you ready to make a difference?
As a Staffing Coordinator with an understanding of California staffing ratios you will:
- Maintain staff competency/skills/employee files.
- You can demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, and analytical skills in organizing and prioritizing assignments.
- You will support Administrators-On-Duty (AOD) in project support, reports, data collection and general requests as needed.
- You will assist in vacation and sick time coverage for other staffing coordinators
- You will be responsible for clinical staffing coordination throughout the medical center in collaboration with Managers/AODs.
- You will relay messages, triage calls, and inputting data into the computer.
- Under Supervision performs a variety of routine administrative/office duties such as typing, filing, receptionist, opening and distributing mail, copying documents, etc.
- 1 year of clerical experience required (healthcare preferred).
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- A bility to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Working knowledge of AB 394 – California staffing ratios preferred.
- Computer skills: MS Word and Excel required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Full command of the English language (written and verbal)
- High school diploma or equivalent. Prefer AA or Bachelor’s Degree.
- Working Title: Staffing Coordinator - Nursing Resources - 10hr Nights Flex
- Department: NSG Resource
- Business Entity: Nursing
- City: Los Angeles
- Job Category: Nursing
- Job Specialty: Nursing
- Position Type: Full-time
- Shift Length: 10 hour shift
- Shift Type: Night