Sr motion graphics designer-cnn digital
Req ID: 176865 CNN Digital Team
We are CNN. The world's most essential and engaging source of digital news. The way we tell stories is just as important as the stories themselves. Whether it's breaking news, investigative journalism, or enterprise storytelling, our visual journalism breaks down stories for audiences in unique and interesting ways. Our global reach and diversity of approaches allow us to better inform our audiences, with award-winning visual experiences both on and off-platform.
What You'll Be Doing
We're on the search for our next leader on the CNN digital team to support our motion graphic and visual storytelling, branding, template/toolkit development, data visualization, and more! In this role you'll lead the team overseeing the day-to-day motion graphic look and consistency, evangelizing a consistent CNN brand look in imaginative ways across different verticals, different regions, and multiple consumption experiences. Every day is a different collaborative adventure, but you'll typically partner closely with our editorial teams in Video, Interactive, Social, Photo, and Programming to conceptualize, manage, and execute a consistent and imaginative vision. Finally, you'll be our Atlanta point of contact for domestic news, politics, and business motion design work.
Want to get a sense for the type of work our teams do? Check out
- Help oversee and lead the execution of motion graphics for both daily and long form projects, including branding packages, explainers, maps, charts, infographics, and mobile-first interactives.
- Empower others with templates and toolkits, building collaborative relationships with other team leaders.
- Plan proactively for major events, identifying strong visual opportunities, remaining nimble and flexible in a changing news environment.
- Support the growth of junior staff, helping them to build technical and interpersonal skills.
Who You Are
- YOU MUST PROVIDE A DEMO REEL/ONLINE PORTFOLIO/WORK SAMPLES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE ROLE.
- Please include a link on your resume when applying.
- Tip worked on anything in the news realm? Include it! Showcase your TOP pieces that help show us why YOU would be the best creative for this role.
- You have 5+ years of experience in motion graphic design and visual storytelling.
- It's a plus if you have experience managing a small team.
- You have a strong design sensibility, experience in a deadline-driven environment, and are fluent in the intricacies of digital graphics and animation.
- You're comfortable working collaboratively, individually, and with cross-functional teams, leading by example with a sharp attention to detail.
- You're a master in various 2D/3D/video tools, including After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, and Cinema 4D.
- If you have OctaneRender, Unity/Unreal, or AR/VR experience, that's a HUGE plus!
- You're enthusiastic about visual storytelling and brand identity and can share that enthusiasm with patience and clarity.
- You're just as nutty and passionate about all things CNN and news as we are!
- Full-time position (40+ hours/week)
- Eligible for full benefits package (medical, vision, dental) + retirement benefits (401k matching!)
- Fantastic paid time off package
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2018 Best Company for AND
- An industry leading to help shape and grow your career
- Working for incredible WarnerMedia brands like , , , , , , , and more!
We Are CNN
We are the now and the next. The power behind the people building the future. We are born from the spirit of innovation. We are created from the idea that people around the world want more, need more, deserve more. We are the home of the global digital revolution. We are CNN.
See what it’s like to work at CNN! Follow us on , and .
We Are All WarnerMedia
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
REMINDER: Don't forget to include a demo reel/portfolio/samples of your work when submitting your resume. Please include a link directly on your resume.