Sr. Linux Engineer - Ts/Sci With Security Clearance
Sr. Linux Engineer The Linux Administrator will provide systems administration for RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Solaris systems. Although maintenance is the primary focus, Navstar seeks a candidate who can automate the maintenance as much as possible in preparation for implementation of DevSecOps and a migration to the AWS Cloud.
- Provide Unix/Linux system administration, application guidance and collaboration for the legacy applications (Portal/Query, E-filing, 314a).
- Manage Patching for RedHat 7 Operating Systems across multiple environments.
- Coordinate release management, problem management and change management with technical staff.
- Provide hands-on system administration support for the development and test platforms located in the Vienna office.
- Provide upgrade support, product configuration, configuration management, testing, documentation, monitoring, problem resolution, system adjustments and optimization.
- Integrate new data sources, update web content and provide redundancy to ensure 24/7 operability.
- Maintain and upgrade a DR environment.
- Monitor and provide statistics regarding system availability, maintenance &
upgrade schedules, system problems and/or service calls placed.
- Provide in-depth documentation of system adjustments, optimizations and additions. - Maintain, manage and support the Egmont network infrastructure, including the maintenance of Egmont Secure Web (ESW) documentation, such as:
o Administrator Operations Manual Guide
o Security Plan
o Project Management Plan
o Network Diagram
o Data Structure Listings/Data Dictionary Entries
o Data Flow Diagrams.
- Communicate and report operational risks, concerns and issues to the Operations Manager.
- Manage Storage Systems across Multiple Environments
- Provide system administration Support for E-File.
- Provision users in the Secure Data Transfer Mode/Mechanism (SDTM).
- 7+ years Unix/Linux Systems Administration experience
- Hypervisors and Virtualization (VMware, esxi, Acropolis)
- Storage Technologies - NetApp SAN
- Redhat LINUX OS - UNIX Solaris OS - Familiarization with SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP
- Server Hardware (HP, DELL, Nutanix)
- Knowledge of kickstart/jumpstart servers
- To be considered for this role you must hold an active Secret or Top Secret Clearance.
- Automation concepts (chef, puppet, ansible) - Familiar with DISA STIGS or CIS hardening guides
- RedHat JBoss and Identity Management (IDM)
- Experience in writing Standard Operating Procedures
- Scripting and coding experience – Unix shell, PERL, Python
- AWS (Amazon Web Services) Would you like to perform rewarding work while contributing to the success of an established, growing company? Navstar is an award-winning organization that has a proven track record of successfully providing IT services and solutions both as a prime and sub-contractor on mission focused IT programs. Our employees are integral players in support of mission-critical programs focused on our National Security. Role Responsibilities:
- Facilitates a culture of continuous improvement throughout the enterprise infrastructure
- Ensure the monitoring and maintenance of a 24x7 environment with primary availability during core support hours - When requested ensure on-call, on-site after-hours support within a two (2) hour response window, twenty-four (24) hours per day.
- Participate in patch installation and configuration changes during after-hours and routine maintenance windows
- Participate, implement and manage data center consolidation and/or optimization efforts and all IT refresh and modernization activities
- Provide recommendations for enhancements and/or optimizations for improving performance and availability Required Skills:
- Active Secret Clearance (Up to TS/SCI).
- 5-8 years’ experience as a senior system engineer within an enterprise infrastructure environment
- 10-15 years’ experience as a systems administrator within an enterprise infrastructure environment
- Possess firm understanding of the software deployment lifecycle (SDLC) processes
- Provide tier 2 or 3 level of support for an operational environment
- Possess the ability to design, implement, and manage virtualization technologies like VMware or Acropolis
- 10 years+ of hands on experience working with Microsoft Windows operating systems
- 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, and managing MS Exchange
- 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, and managing Virtual Desktop Infrastructures like Citrix XenDesktop Desired Skills:
- Firm understanding of the OSI model
- 3+ years of experience with Public Key Infrastructure architecture and design
- 3+ years of experience with Identity and Access Management architecture and design
- 10+ years of experience designing, implementing, and managing Active &
Passive Monitoring systems
- 7+ of experience years designing, implementing, and managing Data Backup Services
- 5+ years of experience designing, implementing, and managing Skype for Business
- 10+ years of experience designing, implementing, and managing File &
- 1-3years of experience designing, implementing, and managing Hyper-converged Infrastructure Platforms like Nutanix About Navstar Inc. For 20 years, our mission has been to provide high quality Innovative Technology Services and Solutions within the Intelligence Community. We accomplish this with the best AllStar team and by delivering on time and within budget – while consistently striving to exceed our customer’s expectations. At Navstar everything we do revolves around listening to our customers, delivering the results they expect, and being fun to work with as both a prime and subcontractor. A proven track record of successfully providing innovative technology services and solutions on highly mission-focused programs. Security is our priority and together, we make the nation a safer place. For more information visit www.Navstar-inc.Com. Navstar Core Values - New Ideas – Utilizes creativity to identify ways to improve.
- Integrity – Takes responsibility to always do the right thing. - Customer Focus – Commits to the relationship with the customer and their mission. - Excellence – Works to achieve the highest level of quality for the Company and themselves. - Teamwork – Maintains respectful relationships with others, utilizing each other’s strengths. Benefits at Navstar - Highly Competitive Health Care Premiums, including 100% employer paid for employee - Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care
- Generous PTO and Federal Holiday Paid Leave
- Employer Paid STD/LTD
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- 401K plan and Employer Match
- Referral and Opportunity Referral Programs
- Professional Development Assistance