Sr C Developer - Multiple Locations
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.Lumen.Com, LinkedIn:
@lumentechnologies and YouTube:
Be a part of the team that is responsible for the architecture, analysis, design, and development of Content Delivery Network software. You will develop application software for highly available, high-performance distributed systems deployed on a massive scale unmatched almost anywhere. Development is primarily in C on Linux.
The Main Responsibilities
* Designs and codes automated unit and system tests using adopted languages and frameworks
* Reviews peers' designs, code, and tests. Accepts similar review input from peers
* Troubleshoots production systems when needed, to determine root cause and fix problems
* Collaborates and coordinates work with other developers on the same team and on other teams
* Understands a complex distributed system end-to-end. Considers performance, reliability, and availability
* Documents and effectively communicates proposed solutions, and implements them in a reliable, accurate, and performant way
* Works with stakeholders in Architecture and Engineering teams to resolve ambiguity and ensure requirements and designs meet expectations
* Works with leads in Development to define and plan work in sufficient detail
* Participates in a fast-moving agile planning environment, including planning and estimating work and tracking progress
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "
). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here.
For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.