Solution consultant remote
Thomson Reuters is a leading provider of business information services. Our products include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news service – Reuters. For more information on Thomson Reuters, visit tr.com and for the latest world news, reuters.com .
Solution Consultant – Strategic National Accounts
Remote with optional offices available in select cities
The ONESOURCE Solution Consulting team is responsible for engaging with prospective and current customers to demonstrate software solutions to maximize sales and drive revenue growth for the Thomson Reuters Large Corporate Tax Business.
As a key member of the Solution Consulting team, the Solution Consultant will be responsible for understanding the complexities of a multinational corporations specific to the corporate tax and finance functions and partnering with internal and external stakeholders to demonstrate the value of ONESOURCE software solutions through live and web-based presentations to strategic accounts. This involves working with clients and prospects to understand their various tax processes, data challenges, tax technology needs, priorities, and resources to ultimately identify and present applicable ONESOURCE software solutions that may help to address their specific business objectives. Effectively communicating how tax technology can provide process optimization, promote efficiency, and reduce risk is a key objective in this role.
The Solution Consultant is considered a subject matter expert and is responsible for presentations and demonstrations of ONESOURCE functionality. The Solution Consultant provides deep tax knowledge throughout the sales cycle. Solution Consultants must also have a working knowledge of global and country-specific rules and legislation, compliance policies and procedures, and the data management and compliance burden placed on multinational corporations.
Qualified candidates sought who possess strong tax experience to support our global sales efforts for ONESOURCE tax solutions. This role provides strategic tax and system knowledge to prospective customers with tax technical expertise, builds quality relationships at senior levels with both Tax and Business leaders and professionals, conducts thorough needs analysis for targeted demonstrations, uncovers potential objections, and assists in defining the competitive landscape. As a ONESOURCE Solution Consultant, you will be responsible for drawing on the appropriate skills in the areas of U.S. Tax, tax compliance, business processes, and business operations throughout the sales process. Your knowledge of both taxes and business processes will enable you to document and prepare scenarios and use cases, offering our (prospective) clients practical automation solutions for the demands of determining, calculating, recording, and reporting taxes. Working with the Strategic National Solution Consulting Lead, you will manage multiple customer prospects and assist the sales team in developing client business cases to establish a 'tax win' in the overall sales process. In addition, you will actively identify tax process issues for prospective customers, participate in proposal development, help the account team to develop use cases, and lead product demonstrations. Working under the direction of the account executives, you will also determine when and how third-party tax consulting partners (e.g. "Big 4") can assist in the sales process.
- Professionally represent and sell ONESOURCE technology and business services/solutions in conjunction with the existing account sales and management teams to all levels of buyers in the tax and finance organizations of global companies
- Strategic planning, coordination, and execution of demonstrations and presentations of ONESOURCE products and services to current and prospective customers
- Work closely with the Account Executives to achieve sales targets
- Assist Account Executives in the qualification of a potential client's tax situation, opportunity to lower total cost of tax compliance, and strategizing of key accounts and opportunities
- Be able to articulate ONESOURCE’ value proposition as it relates to each prospect's unique critical business tax issues using customized solution demonstrations
- Ideation, implementation, and maintenance of demo data including sample transactions and reporting for proofs of concepts as necessary to demonstrate specific functionality for potential prospects
- Maintaining knowledge of global tax landscape including legislative developments, reporting requirements, and competitive technology offerings
- Maintains and continually upgrades technical understanding of products.
- Hands-on involvement during certain phases of the sales process and project management of ONESOURCE resources during the evaluation process.
- Establish strong relationships with customers/client tax professionals and provide business process consulting to ensure clients achieve maximum business return on their use of ONESOURCE solutions/services throughout their sales and implementation cycle.
- Engage in the transition from sales to professional services, ensuring that the expectations in terms of objectives and deliverables are clearly understood and agreed by all parties, in readiness for professional services to kick-off the project.
- Work closely with Product Management to identify industry tax trends, provided feedback and direction from the field, evaluate capability enhancements and validate business cases for future development.
- Liaise with Product and Proposition Management to deliver product/service enhancement presentations and trainings to Sales Teams prior to releases.
- Assist on responses to Request for Proposals and one-off questions from potential customers with detail and professionalism.
- Perform extensive needs analysis and client contact prior to delivery of a focused product demonstration.
- Visit customers and develop relationships with current and prospective customer's Tax and Finance Departments to provide insight and value-add stories to the sales cycle.
- Taking responsibility for the client experience and ensuring that customer excellence is delivered throughout the sales cycle and delivery process.
- Work with Proposition and Marketing on strategy to ensure that our message is being communicated and that the material supports that message and is up-to-date.
- Being the 'face' of the product at events and conferences and developing a detailed knowledge of the product from a user’s perspective and ability to explain technical areas of the software to prospects.
- Work with Marketing and the rest of the Solution Consulting team to develop and maintain innovative demonstration tools and service descriptions such as demo sites, scripts, and product documentation.
- Delivery and creation of webcasts for thought leadership initiatives, software releases and enhancements, and various marketing campaigns.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10 years corporate tax, accounting firm, or related experience
- Minimum of 5 years sales, consulting, services, or project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, taxation or related field
- Outstanding presentation and verbal/written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and training skills
- Creative problem solver
- Strong tax technical background with specific experience in implementing procedures and tax technology
- Hands-on experience implementing, maintaining, and utilizing calculation models, spreadsheet models, or custom-designed ERP/accounting software models
- An understanding of audit challenges corporations face in managing direct and indirect taxes
- Technically savvy and technology curious
- Quick learner; ability to work independently and self-motivated
- Ability to work in virtual teams, globally
- Willingness to travel up to 25% to meet with the tax teams of clients and prospective customers
- Experience with ONESOURCE solutions
Additionally, the following are desired for the position:
- ONESOURCE Determination preferred
- Graduate degree in accounting, business administration, law or related field
- Computer Science degree also beneficial
- Professional certification (CPA, EA, CGMA, CITP, Licensed Attorney)
- Formal presentation experience and technical sales training
- A thorough knowledge of tax software products and business accounting product markets
- Possess knowledge of U.S. Sales & Use Tax
- Consultative Tax Services selling experience
- Familiar with ERP (SAP, Oracle) and other financial systems and interaction with the tax returns
- Experience in working on tax automation integrations
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers .
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com .
Carrollton-Texas-United States of America;Chicago-Illinois-United States of America;Hoboken-New Jersey-United States of America