Social media director/vp
VP/Director of Social Media
Sam Brown, Inc. is a full-service, independent healthcare communications agency. We are
seeking a Director of Social Media to join our team. This is a unique opportunity for a proven
leader and strategist to spearhead the agency's social media programs on behalf of a diverse
range of pharma, biotech, and healthcare clients.
- Part Time Option Available
- Remote/work-from-home environment
- Must have healthcare experience
- Serve as the agency's lead subject matter expert on social media best practices and platform-specific strategies relative to the overall healthcare sector.
- Counsel and advise clients on innovative social media strategies and program development to maximize branding, communications, and advocacy goals among stakeholder audiences.
- Function effectively in a hands-on role, working collaboratively with the agency's in-house social media team on the day-to-day planning and execution of organic and paid social media strategies across key accounts.
- Liaise with content development leaders and writers within the agency on the development of quality content that tells a compelling story and drives engagement for clients among stakeholder audiences.
- Coordinate the delivery of strategic insights and analytics that support continuous improvement of agency social media deliverables, maximize client results, and support justification for ongoing client investment.
- Partner with internal teams to brainstorm innovative methods and best practices that expand social media platform utilization for clients and create new opportunities for the agency.
- Champion the agency's thought leadership on social media utilization in the healthcare sector, proactively bringing forward novel ideas and innovative programs that support social media practice growth for the agency.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in social media in the pharma, biotech and healthcare setting - on the agency or client side.
- Proven expertise in the development and execution of organic and paid social media strategies and programs.
- Demonstrated experience as a social media team leader, spearheading integrated, agency-wide efforts on client deliverables.
- Proven knowledge of the evolving digital landscape in healthcare and the impacts of changing pharma and biotech regulatory (FDA) requirements on client programs.
- Deep proficiency with existing and emerging social media platforms, technologies and monitoring/analytical tools.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet day-to-day deadlines in a fast-paced entrepreneurial agency environment.