Shipping Clerk- 1st Shift. $500. 00 Hiring Bonus
The Shipping Clerk will ensures accurate, timely preparation, and organization of all documentation for out-going shipments. May pick, pack and prepare materials for shipment as required. Responsible for providing team support within the Shipping/Receiving Department to foster accuracy and excellence in quality customer service.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
- Accurately prepares customer Packing Slips for customer shipments.
- Accurately prepares Bill of Lading for carriers, both less than load and full load shipments.
- Communicate as necessary on Export documentation to the Export document provider
- Maintain hard copy files on all shipments.
- Print labels for special orders as required.
- Identify and communicate all part shortages to Supervisor.
- Maintain status of all open work and expected completions.
- Will perform other additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Must be able to communicate accurately and work in a fast paced, teamwork environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability to constantly changing conditions.
- Must have the ability to function with minimal supervision, ability to address multi-task work assignments, ability to communicate positively, effectively, and the ability to work in a positive manner with carriers, co-workers, Customer Service, Inventory, and all other departments within the company.
Knowledge And Skill Requirements:
- Ability to perform basic math skills:
counting, addition, subtraction and measurements.
Must be able to think independently and be a problem solver.
Strong computer skills which shall include an intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office software, specifically MS Word and Excel.
Microsoft AX ERP systems, preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required.