Hvac Service Tech Ii - Gaithersburg
Transform SR Home Improvement Products LLC
SHP HVAC Washington, DC Exter
The HVAC Service Technician is responsible for providing timely and quality repairs of customers' products (Heat Pumps, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Gas and Oil Furnaces &
Boilers) while maintaining the highest level of customer service. Additionally, this position promotes and sells additional products and services that directly impact the profitability of the Company.
Responsible for improving and maintaining high and acceptable performance metrics and productivity goals;
achieving targeted quality scores;
and maintaining targeted material, labor and service costs as set forth by management.
- Performs timely and quality repairs in resolving customer complaints and provides direction and mentors Preventative Maintenance Check Technician as applicable.
- Diagnoses and repairs appliances and equipment in the customer's home and gives the customer an accurate estimate of the cost of repair if applicable.
- Maintains high level of customer satisfaction through efficient and timely customer resolution.
- Follows the Value Added Services and Products (VASP) Process (i.E., selling extended warranties, water filters, generating customer interest in new Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning systems and other Home Improvement items as appropriate) by effectively communicating the benefits to the customer, when applicable.
- Maintains the highest level of service standards and communicates openly with District Technical Manager to assist as needed with resolving customer issues.
- Maintains truck stock inventory and ensures maintenance schedules are within the Company guidelines (i.E., wash truck weekly, oil changes), and ensures tools and equipment are in safe operating condition.
- Completes all Break/Fix Technician training elements within required timeframes.
- Uses basic tools or instruments to assemble, adjust, calibrate, repair or test various products and clearly articulates complex HVAC issues in simplified terms to ensure customer understanding
- Possesses the ability to independently replaces compressors, evaporator coils, condenser coils, and full condensing units. Experience repairing and replacing ductwork and diagnosing air flow problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Applicable CFC License
- Must have a Journeyman or Master's License
- Ability to read, write and speak English and apply written text of a technical nature in order to answer questions, solve problems or complete job tasks
- Complete knowledge of all tools, equipment and materials used to perform services on Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) units including extensive brazing experience - Ability to receive truck stock at home if a Company vehicle is retained at the Break Fix Technician's residence or other location
- Ability to do off season installs and work variable and flexible hours, including significant overtime as needed, along with overnight and Sunday service as needed
- Ability to follow appropriate industry specific regulations related to the handling of hazardous materials
- Ability to frequently bend, stoop, kneel, stretch, twist, reach and climb &
lift/carry up to 75 lbswhile accessing various interior and exterior landscapes with different levels of terrain
Ability to drive and travel long distances of over 5 hours, in various weather conditions and in various demographic areas "
- Must be able to read and understand schematic diagrams. Must have working knowledge of subheat and supercool
- Ability to possess valid vehicle insurance.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED)