Senior Satellite Engineer, Payload
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers to fill this role and continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
You will be responsible for providing technical expertise, satellite system integration, validation, and testing with regard to Communications Payload subsystems monitoring both Intelsat's own spacecraft programs and those of external customers who have contracted with Intelsat. Communications Payload responsibilities include Digital Transparent Processor Channelizer Beam Former High Throughput Satellite Active Antenna Payload module and Reflectors. You will monitor multiple programs with different designs and will interface directly with the Program Office Management in support of their programs.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Define and develop Digital Payloads/TC&
R-RF subsystem requirements for ground software systems. This includes the development of test plans, conducting acceptance tests, and resolving issues.
- Develop satellite operations procedures, products and processes based on manufacturer’s documentation and operations protocol.
- Develop software tools, methods, and procedures to improve testing and measurement capabilities.
- Monitor the health of Digital Payloads/TC&
R-RF subsystems throughout the satellite’s lifecycle.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve Digital Payloads/TC&
R-RF subsystem deviations and anomalies.
- Define, develop, and execute command plans to institute spacecraft configuration changes.
- Participate in a variety of spacecraft anomaly investigation and resolution activities.
- Participate in In-Orbit Testing (IOT) of Digital Payloads while executing a test plan in which you may help define.
- Test and assess the viability/compatibility of new systems and equipment.
- Perform on-call responsibilities.
Can you drive these processes?
- Define and develop satellite Digital Payloads/TC&
R-RF system requirementsfor ground software systems. This includes the development of test plans, conducting acceptance tests, and resolving issues. Ensure optimal interface of satellite and terrestrial protocols.
- Perform routine analysis to maintain satellite health.
- Perform testing and analysis of satellite Digital Payloads/TC&
R-RF subsystems. This includes system design, leading or conducting system tradeoff studies, performing integration and test activities, and developing technical requirements.
- Evaluate RF and Digital payload test programs at the subsystem and system levels to ensure that these test programs adequately test the performance of the spacecraft's hardware and firmware over the applicable range of environment.
- Provide technical support to other Intelsat groups as required for performing the primary function of the position.
- Develop and distribute reports summarizing technical analysis findings and recommendations.
- Perform self-directed study.
- Perform on-call responsibilities.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor’s degree required (Electrical Engineering or Telecommunications), with at least five years of relevant experience.
- RF and Digital Communications system design, test and analysis knowledge
- Experience with procedural remote command and control systems
- Software requirements;
system design and analysis experience
- Previous experience in working with contractor or vendor management highly preferred.
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to utilize his/her training and experience to react to real-time situations promptly and accurately
- Must be able and willing to provide support in an On-Call capacity as requested
- Good communication skills, including the ability to express ideas clearly both verbally and in writing.
It would be nice if you had:
- General proficiency in the use of computers, Window, Unix, Office applications, programming language
- Computer programming experience using Matlab, Python, Java
As the foundational architects of satellite technology, we apply our expertise to develop breakthrough solutions that advance and secure boundless applications for our customers and partners.
At Intelsat, we increase human potential by connecting people, communities, businesses, and governments. Our employees enjoy a casual and collaborative environment, where we celebrate professional excellence in pursuit of the corporate mission. We hire skilled professionals who work in various areas such as:
satellite engineering, network operations, cloud architecture, accounting, sales, legal, and more. Browse our current job openings or create a professional profile to stay informed about opportunities that match your interests and expertise.