Senior Principal Accountant, Technical Accounting And Sec Reporting
Who will be responsible for researching technical issues and drafting technical memos as well as assisting with the preparation of the SEC reporting for our two filing entities, SOX compliance and our technical accounting globally both US GAAP and IFRS
This is a highly visible role with lots of opportunity to see the big picture and interact with other teams Executive Team, Finance, Operations, Internal Audit, IT, and Subsidiary Management teams, to name a few.
- Draft technical memos and succinctly present issues and conclusions to management
- Assist with timely adoption of all required Accounting Standards Updates.
- Perform ongoing assessments for areas like impairment, fair value accounting, etc.
- Assist with all required financial statements and forms with the SEC, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and DEF 14A, which requires close coordination with our legal team
- Assistance with quarterly and annual earnings release, investor decks, Audit Committee materials and other outside communications as appropriate.
- Assist with the external audits, including the integrated audit of financial statements, joint venture financial reports, employee benefit plan audits and statutory audits
- Responsible for overseeing and maintaining appropriate documentation and identification of the Company’s SOX key processes and controls
- Responsible for preparation of the SOX annual report and assessment of internal control deficiencies in conjunction with Internal Audit
- Bachelor in Accounting with a minimum of 6+ years of progressive technical accounting and SEC reporting experience
- 3+ years public accounting, Big Four a plus
- CPA Active
- Travel for business purposes, international and/or domestic, will be required but it should be less than 20% of the time.
- Master's in Accounting
- Strong working knowledge of US GAAP, SEC regulations and technical accounting research capabilities
- Experience international consolidation/translation
- IFRS a plus
- Prior experience working with large, global ERP systems (Oracle or SAP);
Hyperion Financial Management and Hyperion Planning
- Experience with Workiva
- High emotional IQ very strong communication and influencing skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively across multiple functional and business groups
- A successful track record in getting to the right accounting position
- A proven ability to be decisive, resolve issues and deliver on commitments and deadlines
- Demonstrated creativity and flexibility in problem solving and project collaboration
- Superior organization and prioritization skills
- Proven self-starter that doesn’t need much guidance to get projects done in an excellent manner
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent Excel modeling skills
- Strong PowerPoint presentation skills