Senior Operations Associate
Thanks for your interest in Success Academy Running the largest, fastest-growing, and highest-performing network of public charter schools in New York City takes a village - families, children, teachers, advocates, and supporters alike. We love to welcome you to our community We work tirelessly every day to ensure each child in NYC has access to a fun, rigorous, whole-child education regardless of zip code or economic status. When you join SA, you play a part in giving every student who walks through the doors of one of our 49 schools in NYC a fair shot at reaching his or her potential.
With our rapid growth, Success Academy Charter Schools are seeking Senior Operations Associates who understand that the foundation of great schooling starts with operational excellence. Reporting to the School Business Operations Manager, our Senior Operations Associates work as a member of School Operations and should be individuals who:
- Have completed a bachelor's degree;
- Are adaptable and flexible to a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, with the ability to manage competing priorities;
- Are outcomes-oriented and driven to accomplish operational outcomes by leveraging data and best practices to achieve exemplary results;
- Excel in verbal and written communication skills, tactfully responding to all communications and remaining diplomatic in all interactions;
- Proactivelyidentify and assess problems, and bring solutions to resolve most efficiently;
- Can influence and drive change across multiple stakeholders;
- Can manage relationships and hold others accountable, by setting clear expectations for projects and naming gaps or lapses in performance with the ability to plan for pre-mortems and lack of accountability;
- Have proven track record of achieving outcomes through others by building strong working relationships;
- Are effective managers of projects across multiple stakeholders, and consistently gain buy- in for all projects and decisions in order to inform strategy and move decisions forward;
- Can clearly communicate what is expected of team members around outcomes, by addressing execution expectations, how outcomes are measured, and ramifications of ineffectiveness;
- Are truly dedicated to our mission and will go above and beyond the requirements of the job to be an innovative and strategic problem solver;
- Are eager for feedback and to learn and grow in a fast-paced, mission-driven environment.
Successful Senior Operations Associates must be able to execute all responsibilities of Operations Associates, as well as be responsible for broader oversight of project execution, direct/indirect management and accountability of other team members. The scope of work includes:
- Building Partner oversight:
Responsible for oversight of building partners such as Custodial Engineer, school safety agents, nurse, etc. Daily and weekly meetings and accountability for outcomes of these individuals.
- Complex project Management:
Large project oversight from planning to execution, with direct accountability for results from multiple stakeholders (teachers, building partners, operations associates, etc.). Project examples include but are not limited to registration, scholar health documentation, and medical policy management.
- Scholar Health Management:
Handle administrative functions of scholar health and documentation, i.E.:
file validation, family communication tasks, etc.
- Emergency Preparedness:
Manages tasks associated with emergency preparedness i.E.:
updating emergency clipboard and evacuation routes, and sending out approved communication to families during or after emergencies;
understand all emergency protocols and be a content expert for staff.
- Shared Space Oversight:
Understand shared space agreement, parameters, and request processes and its impact on project planning. Able to support teachers and engage external schools contacts when shared space discrepancies arise.
- Budget, Ordering, and Inventory Management:
Manage against budget parameters when completing orders. Point person for coordinating and ordering all Master Supply List (MSL) needs and maintaining par value of all materials. Point person to receive orders, maintain package pick up, and school material restocking.
- School Staff Operational Training:
Communicate and train school staff around operational systems, deliverables, and priorities as well as key procedures around scholar health management, emergency preparedness. Utilize school-specific communication methods to streamline asks for teachers, i.E. Trello, Slack.
- Family Communication and Social Media Management:
Draft and send weekly updates. Send and receive email, text, robo-calls - both network-required and school-based communications. Manage social media presence and engagement rates.
- Main Office Coverage:
Take shifts covering the Main Office as necessary. Ensure that the space is always beautiful and welcoming for parents and visitors. Maintain critical forms and information for families. Responsible for responding to the Main Office email and voicemail.
- School Culture Data Management:
Responsible for reiterating school attendance policies when families arrive late or are absent. Holding teachers accountable to accurate attendance, compiling daily reports to send school-wide.
- School Event and Field Study Planning and Oversight:
Complete related tasks associated with events. Act as the Project Manager for school-wide events, setting timelines and communication calendars, and presenting to teachers.
- Advocacy and Family Engagement Management:
Oversees Parent Council Executive Committee;
responsible for parent and family advocacy milestones.
- Scholar Food Service:
Perform day-to-day duties and responsibilities to ensure scholar food service remains compliant and is provided without delay or interruptions and recorded accurately. Manage relationships with DOE school food partners.
- Aesthetics Maintenance:
Maintain a high bar of aesthetics in all SA spaces, and hold teachers and staff accountable to expectations.
This role is performed in-person and in our schools. Remote work is not a possibility.
$65,000.00 - exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience.
About Success Academy:
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest-growing, highest-performing chart school network in New York, our network of 49 K-12 schools enrolls 20,000 students, most of them low-income children of color, and outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
Current Success Academies Employees:
Please apply through the Jobs Posting in your Success Academies Workday Account.
You will be asked to log in through your Okta Profile.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at our Working Here page.
Success Academy Charter Schools does not offer employment-based immigration sponsorship.