Remote Admissions Nurses
A registered nurse (RN) reporting to the Centralized National Admissions Team with responsibly to complete virtual admissions appointments for select programs nationally. This is a fully remote position. The primary focus of this position is to conduct admission visits via audio and video with patients and families. Nurses will be required to present services, consult on hospice benefits, determine eligibility and more, with the purpose of admitting patients in various locations. If you consider yourself:
- An expert at having difficult conversations and helping patients and families feel supported through making difficult decisions.
- Excellent at customer service and making sure patients and families feel their needs are being met.
- Results-driven and able to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- A critical thinker who can work independently and make decisions when consulting with patients/families on a plan of care.
- Comfortable with technology and willing to work remotely.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES &
RESPONSIBILITIESAll duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with VITAS Healthcare Corporation's policies, procedures, guidelines, contractual commitments, and governmental regulations.
- Must have the ability to work remotely and autonomously in a distraction free environment and maintain HIPAA Compliance at all times
- Expectation to be prepared for the appointment by reviewing records, collaborating with program and referral source resources
- Documentation of the appointment activity including assessment and evaluation
- Presentation of VITAS services, and consents
- Acknowledge, clarify, answer, confirm, and transition conversations
- Strong communication and presentations skills
- Auditing documents and records
- Managing the pending process
- Sell VITAS services to internal and external customers
- Elevated customer-service skills
- Achieve Admissions Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Maintain compliance of each assigned state's requirements
Performs related duties as required. This position description does not state or imply the duties to be performed by Employee occupying this position are exclusively listed. Employees will be required to perform any job-related duties as assigned by their supervisor or management.QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Experience:
- 3 years nursing preferred
- 1-year admissions experience preferred
- Sales experience preferred
- Virtual or remote call center experience preferred
- Work autonomously
- Work on various assignments simultaneously
- Knowledge of industry policies and practices
- Motivate and develop others
- Communicate tactfully, both verbally and in writing, with program leadership, patients, families, caretakers, managers, coworkers, and vendors to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
- Proficient with Microsoft products and comfortable learning new technologies (i.E., Excel, MS Teams, OneNote, SharePoint, PowerBI, etc.)
- Assimilate and analyze large amounts of data/information to uncover patient needs to achieve admissions
Associate or Bachelor's in Nursing from an accredited college or university, or international equivalentCertification &
Current Registered Nurse license in state where providing services with expectation to obtain state specific and compact licensePhysical Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions#LI-MS1