Project Manager I - Bridge
What We're Looking For
Responsible managing assigned project(s) throughout their full lifecycle including developing the scope and technical sections of proposal and procurement documents to participating in contract negotiations and overseeing the delivery of the project plan to successfully accomplish HNTB’s 4 for 4 performance:
delivery of quality work, on time, on budget and to the client’s satisfaction on every project. This position proactively manages the budget, schedule, technical requirements, contractual obligations, and client communications in support of the project’s objectives. Provides high level technical tasks while managing and reviewing design related specifications, calculations, reports and plans. Coordinates with internal and external partners including cross-discipline and functional teams to address and problem solve design related issues or concerns. The Project Manager I – Engineering typically manages project team(s) for one or more strategic (<
$1M) projects or may lead and/or work as a discipline lead on a mini-mega ($1M to <
$5M) project management team.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Primary client will be the Arkansas Department of Transportation.
- Serves as Project Manager on bridge design and rehab projects, managing scope, schedule, staffing, budget, etc.
- Leads multi-disciplined staff on multiple projects.
- Will assist with overseeing and developing a growing design staff while delivering projects.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- ArDOT Bridge Design/Management Experience
- Master’s degree in Engineering
- 10 years relevant experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
- Must be able to work independently and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience coordinating with local, state and Federal agencies in Arkansas.
- Must be located in Little Rock, Arkansas or willing to relocate.
What You'll Need
- Responsible for development of the project scope and fee quotation and assists in the preparation of technical proposals and contracts in accordance with HNTB's Sophisticated Contracting Approach (SCA).
- Serves as the primary client liaison and manages the project team to deliver the scope, schedule, and budgets to completion and to the client’s satisfaction. Assists with client project scoping and contract negotiations.
- Performs technical discipline tasks including analysis, reports, design, specification, and production for assigned projects.
- Implements the firm’s project delivery plan using HNTB's Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project. Leads the development and the execution of the project management plan. Supervises and mentors team to overall project objectives.
- Performs coordination with managers on project staffing, including, but not limited to;
recruitment, development, retention, and succession of project staff;
development of plan forproject staff reporting;
and support for performance and compensation reviews.
- Partners with Client Service Leaders and pursuit champions to assist with business development, building client relationships, and pursuit efforts for strategic and mini-mega projects in accordance with HNTB's Sophisticated Sales Approach (SSA). Works with the project team and marketing resources to prepare appropriate proposal and presentation materials. Leads proposal development and interview presentations for strategic and mini-mega projects to the client as well as general presentations within the industry and community.
- May be responsible for the recruitment, hiring, development, and retention of staff, including development of plan for staff reporting, performance and compensation reviews, and succession.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 8 years of relevant experience
- 2 years task management or Deputy PM experience
Click here for benefits information:
HNTB Total Rewards
Click here to learn more about EOE including disability and vet
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
R-08661 Full Time #AL #Bridges
NOTICE TO THIRD-PARTY AGENCIES:
HNTB does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the applicant's resume will become the property of HNTB. HNTB will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with HNTB must submit applicants to the designated HNTB recruiter to be eligible for placement fees.