Network Engineer Senior- Ts/Sci With Poly (Relocation Provided)
Less than 10%
GDIT is looking for a Network Engineer III that holds a TS/SCI with poly clearance for a position located in Reston, VA. GDIT has partnered with Microsoft in support of Microsoft’s OneGov Operations Center Support (OCS) that provides end-to-end operational support for the Azure core and Office365 platform. Operational support is comprised of three teams:
Livesite, Network Management, and Customer Reported Incidents. These teams span across various product groups, including Azure, Active Directory (AAD), and Office365 .The services will be operated from three Microsoft OCS's in Redmond, WA, Reston, VA and Elkridge, MD with the penultimate goal of supporting all US Government environments from the same OCS.
* Relocation assistance provided*
Essential job functions:
- Understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals (e.G. DNS, FTP, SSH, ACL, VLAN, DMZ, BGP),general networking technologies, network architecture and connectivity troubleshooting
- Experience or exposure to a hosting providers, online services, or internet service provider environment is preferred. This time must include troubleshooting routing, switching, and load balancing in a complex networking environment
- Thorough experience performing packet capture analysis or running Wireshark is highly desirable
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Conducts testing of network systems. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
- BS or equivalent + 5 years’ related experience
- TS/SCI with Poly clearance
- 4+ years’ experience in Network Operations
- Candidate must be a team player and have the ability to adapt in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- CCNA or CCNP certification preferred
- Shift work may be required as OCS is 24x7x365
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.