National account manager remote/virtual position
*This is a home-based/remote/virtual position with national travel to client sites required.
What you will do
The Sensormatic Solutions business is searching for a Sales Professional with proven track record in high level, complex sales and strong account management within the National Account Retail Sales environment.
The role will maintain responsibility for creation of new market share through sales of a broad range of loss prevention products and services to new targeted opportunities as well as the sale of expanded products and services to existing customers within the assigned account portfolio.
Personally contact and secure profitable new business through relationships with multiple level contacts, including the “C” level executives, within large retail customer organizations.
Incumbent manages all aspects of assigned accounts within their portfolio, including but not limited to: opportunity identification; pre-sales planning; deal execution; post sales installation planning and follow up; customer issue resolution relating to invoicing, service and other issues in order to ensure a high level of post-sales satisfaction and facilitate long term relationships with strong potential for repeat business.
How you will do it:
- Develop new business opportunities and secure qualified sales appointments
- Sales achievements - meeting and exceeding financial targets where adherence to predetermined metrics is closely monitored, analyzed and enforced
- Demonstrated knowledge of each stage of the sales cycle and process
- Prove-able sales results - acquisition, organic growth and retention
- Relationship expert, broker, and nurturer – both internal and external
- Embraces the value and necessity of new tools, methods and ideas
- Coordinate with clients, engineers, and manufacturing teams in order to define product specification and to ensure 100% acceptance of products by clients.
- Presents and articulates value-added propositions attached to the Company’s products and its services, and to achieve sale closures on terms that are mutually satisfactory to the Customer and the Company.
- Develops annual, quarterly, monthly, and weekly plans detailing concepts and actions necessary to achieve business growth opportunities consistent with the company’s growth objectives.
- Participates with other Regional sales colleagues in sharing marketing intelligence about product opportunities that will grow sales.
- Builds and maintains good relationships with customers at all levels to ensure 100% account retention.
- Ability to cultivate new relationships with new logo clients to grow the account base
- Business development skills to identify target accounts; and to develop a sales plan for those accounts leading to a sale
What we look for:
- BS/BA Degree or equivalent in Business, Marketing, or Mechanical Engineering or related field experience required
- 4+ years of sales or sales management experience within a related field
- Experience selling directly to retailers is required
- Demonstrated Quota Achievement
- Experience with Product and Solution Selling
- Loss Prevention Experience selling to C-Level customers highly preferred
- 20% travel time is expected to properly perform expected duties and maximize sales potential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to speak well in public
- Effective Negotiation Skills
- Strong leadership characteristics
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit