Lead its/traffic engineer
Be involved in projects with our Traffic Engineering Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future! WSP is currently initiating a search for a Lead ITS/Traffic Engineer for our Newark, NJ office. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with senior traffic leadership and clients to take an active role for expanding WSP's ITS and traffic engineering services in New York City Metropolitan area.
- Responsible for a diverse range of operational and business development activities and expansion of the ITS & Traffic Engineering team.
- Will be responsible for developing, updating and reviewing design documents, technical specifications and other project related document. More specifically this person will be involved with ITS architecture systems engineering analysis and plans specification and estimates (PS&E) development for freeway, arterial and transit ITS systems including ITS master plan, active traffic management system for dynamic lane and speed management. Preferably, including all electronic/open road tolling systems, fiber optics and wireless communication systems and local area network power distribution systems.
- Projects will also include field equipment including CCTV camera, dynamic message sign, vehicle detector, weigh-in-motion system, traffic signal interconnect, transit signal priority and SCADA system design.
- Perform traffic signal and eletrical design, including Adaptive Traffic Signal System
- Perform technical analysis and design for a wide range of transportation infrastructure and land development projects.
- Perform technical review of HCS, Synchro and other traffic engineering analysis software.
- Interface with staff from a range of other disciplines (civil, structural, planning, geotechnical, etc.) to support a diverse range of projects.
- Perform a range of marketing and business development activities, including outreach and coordination with existing and potential clients, identifying and leading pursuits, developing technical proposals, and interfacing through professional organizations.
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited program.
- 10+ years of experience in managing ITS & traffic engineering design and construction projects.
- Demonstrated track record of working with clients throughout the region and the states.
- Working knowledge of appropriate Federal Highway Administration, AASHTO, state DOT, and other relevant guidelines, including the MUTCD.
- Knowledge of traffic engineering tools, including Highway Capacity Manual/Highway Capacity Software, Synchro/SimTraffic and other equivalent modeling and analysis tools.
- Knowledge of traffic control device design, including developing design plans, specifications and estimates for final construction documents.
- Ability to establish partnerships with internal and external project management, client representatives, government agencies, and other organizations.
- Project Management experience and knowledge of and relationships with professional associations.
- Ability to manage staff to effectively deliver projects on deadlines, including managing multiple staff working on multiple projects.
- Effective mentorship skills to develop junior staff in the profession of traffic engineering & ITS.
- Strong business development skills in marketing and growing the traffic engineering and ITS practice.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- M.S. degree in a related field .
- PE License, PTOE certificate.
- Experience with MicroStation, and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Highway Lighting Design Experience is a plus
- Knowledge of AASHTO Green Book
About WSP USA WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career. At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started? As a federal contractor and recipient of federal funds, WSP USA is a drug free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.