Info. Security Analyst Senior
Less than 10% Public Trust:
None Requisition Type:
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that’s important.
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and
being trusted to deliver your best every day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no
challenge we can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on an Information Security Analyst joining our team to support CECS activities at RAF Mildenhall, UK.
The Air Force Civil Engineer Center (AFCEC) Facility Related Control Systems (FRCS) Cybersecurity On-Site Representative (OSR) position is located within the local Civil Engineer Squadron (CES). The OSR communicates directly with civil engineer and communications squadrons as an interface back to the core team at Tyndall AFB FL. Specific tasks include the following:
Responsible for Cyber Security of Civil Engineer (CE) owned FRCS:
- Appointed in writing by the Enterprise Information System Security Manager (ISSM) as the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) for the CE control system Community of Interest Network Enclave (COINE).
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a complete and accurate inventory FRCS and components.
- Assist CES personnel with security control implementation and assessment of FRCS.
- Register systems in Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) with all necessary artifacts to attain Authority to Operate (ATO).
- Recognize potential, successful, and unsuccessful intrusion attempts and compromises through reviews and analysis of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Assist with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Ensure the integrity and protection of networks, systems, and applications by technical enforcement of organizational security policies, through monitoring of vulnerability scanning devices.
- Perform periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Ensure the safety of information systems assets and protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction.
- Perform Computer Security Incident Response activities, coordinate with AFCEC to record and report incidents.
Liaison for AFCEC/COOI:
- Coordinate within local CES organization for CE FRCS owners
- Coordinate with AFCEC/COOI Team at Tyndall AFB for support of CE FRCS cybersecurity accreditation and protection.
- Coordinate locally with base Communications Squadron for support of CE COINE infrastructure and CE FRCS operating on the enclave
- Support visits from AFCEC/COOI teams visiting local site.
Local Information Technology (IT) support for AFCEC/COOI Team:
- Hands-on operational support for local AFCEC owned network and server equipment
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
Bachelor's Degreein Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
- 5-8 years of related experience in data security administration.
- Cyber security certification is required (minimum IAT Level II per DoD 8570.01-M).
- DoD SECRET clearance required.
- Knowledge of DOD and Air Force Risk Management Framework (RMF), Information Assurance, and NETOPS is a plus.
- Knowledge of Industrial Control Systems (ICS) security highly desired.
- Familiarity with USAF EITDR/ITIPS and DoD eMASS desired.
- Familiarity with NIST 800 series, DoDI 8510.01, and AF 17-101 desired.
- Experience with DoD and US Air Force (USAF) desired.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.