Global strategic sales manager remote based position
What you will do
The Global Strategic Accounts Manager, serves as an authorized interface for some of the largest global customer’s with centralized decision making. We are currently seeking to add a new member to our team based in the Northeast US. This person will be responsible to be the global leader on 2-3 Strategic Accounts and manage numerous client relationships through strategic account planning and management. Key goals include maintaining and growing on a year-over-year basis our existing market share of their security, fire, hvac and building controls solutions and services by clearly understanding our clients’ goals and helping them achieve them.
How you will do it
Building and maintaining internal relationships within both sales and operations as well as coordinating with numerous internal contacts in all regions of the world is a requirement to ensure successful pre and post-sales support of our client’s needs.
The Global Strategic Accounts Manager will report to the Director of the Global Enterprise Accounts team and will be expected to work effectively with peers, create / update on a quarterly basis and share strategic account plans, hold quarterly business reviews and maintain an accurate and up-to-date pipeline in order to meet or exceed annual sales objectives.
This role is designed to support the Global Enterprise Account teams’ strategic direction to be the single point of contact for our largest customers from a JCI Enterprise perspective representing all solutions and services in all domains.
What we look for
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or relevant education.
• 5+ years of sales/business development experience in the Fire, Security or HVAC industry preferred.
• Strategic Account Planning and end-user relationship management skills.
• Ability to influence globally, strong EQ (Emotional Intelligence Skills)
• Ability to work well in matrix type environments with a team based approach.
• Ability to work effectively and influence others who are not direct reports.
• International customer relationship management experience is a definite asset.
• Bilingualism or Multilingualism is a definite asset but not essential.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit