Food Service Supervisor - Janelia Research Campus
The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you're pursuing - a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work - our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http:
//careers.Aramark.Com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Schedule work assignments and supervise all dining room service staff, cashiers, baristas, and cooks. Ability to effectively communicate with employees, guests, and vendors and handle guest complaints diplomatically. Hold strong working relationship with kitchen manager and kitchen staff to maintain food quality, presentation and flow of product. Assist with scheduled F&
B inventories. Ability to work varied schedules depending on dining room needs. Essential Functions:
* Schedule work assignments for and supervise servers, wait staff, host/cashiers, buffet attendants, bartenders, and other personnel as necessary to insure adequate staffing at all times.
* Work effectively with other departments. Organize and orchestrate a variety of special events, develop action plans with new ideas, procedures or products.
* Motivate employees to ensure proper production standards and ensure that dining room is clean and appealing at all times.
* Take charge when unforeseen complications arrive and maintain a positive attitude during stressful situations.
* Maintain professional appearance.
Status and Scope:
Reports to component manager
Read, write, and speak English. Knowledge of cashiering, hosting, food preparation, bussing, and serving required. Ability to pass food handlers, Serv-Safe, and TIPS certifications. CPR/First Aid certified or willingness to be trained. Ability to work a varied schedule, including evening hours. Equipment Used:
Telephone, calculator, photocopier, Micros POS system, computer Travel Requirements:
Little or No Travel (>
10%) Lifting Requirements:
MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Physical Requirements:
BENDING CONSTANT KEYING/FINGERING OCCASIONAL HEARING CONSTANT REACHING CONSTANT SEEING CONSTANT SPEAKING CONSTANT STANDING CONSTANT WALKING CONSTANT LIFTING FREQUENT