Food production manager 2
sodexo** is seeking a **food production manager 2** for the **united states marine corps **located in **san diego, ca. ** **is this opportunity right for you?** are you an experienced food production manager ready to take your career to the next level? at sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great culinary career. with benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance, reimbursement of association dues and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
- manage the daily food production including production planning and controls;
- ensure sodexo culinary standards including recipe compliance and food quality;
- manage food costing, controls and compliance;
- develop menus and manage inventory;
- have high expectations for customer service and quality of food;
- have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees;
- have a passion for food;
- have knowledge of special diets and allergens;
and - knowledge of sodexo food management system (fms) is preferred.
- a strong culinary background;
- has culinary production experience and a strong background in safety and sanitation compliance;
- excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies;
- previous experience working in a high volume facility;
and - strong managementskills. position summary:
responsible for inventory management and procurement of food and supplies at an account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. manages food production through kitchen staff in a medium facility. contributes to account revenue and operating profit contribution through cost containment and safety. key duties - utilizes sodexo resources, recipes, systems and programs to direct daily operations including;
food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and sodexo standards - complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i. e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary - supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards qualifications & requirements:
basic education requirement - high school diploma, ged or equivalent basic management experience - 1 year sodexo is an eeo/aa/minority/female/disability/veteran employer.