Let your career take off with PSA Airlines
PSA Airlines, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines, offers unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. We value teamwork, diversity, and inclusivity and strive to create a safe, respectful, and happy work environment for our more than 4,000 employees. Our company culture, known as The PSA Way, is our foundation for operation and fosters stability, growth and a focus on the future while always placing safety at the forefront of everything we do. We are driven in our goals and achievements, eager to be better. We are reliable to one another and accountable for our actions. And we are caring in our daily interactions, with teammates, colleagues, and customers. Join our team to enjoy comprehensive benefits, including travel privileges on the American Airlines global network, so you can explore new destinations and create unforgettable memories with family and friends.
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All eligible team members enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
- A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
- 401(k) with company match
- American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
- A choice of three health plan options, all with nationwide coverage with the UnitedHealthcare Choice Plus network
- Premium dental coverage
- Vision plan options provided, including a plan that covers both glasses and contacts every year
- Benefits navigation services, including finding a doctor, scheduling an appointment, understanding your medical bills, and free second opinion services
- Access to 24-hour virtual urgent care services
- Family planning and fertility treatment
- LGBTQ+ friendly services including gender affirming care, assistance finding knowledgeable providers, and family planning
- Company-paid Life and AD&
D Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability, and supplemental life insurance options for spouses and dependent children
- Flexible Spending Accounts for both Health Care and Dependent Care services
- Comprehensive Employee Assistance Program providing a range of services, including 5 free in-person sessions with a health care professional
Responsible for the Company's Security and Safety Management System (SMS) and associated Safety Risk Management and Safety Assurance outputs
As a Flight Attendant, you will impact PSA Airlines business growth by aiding in safe and efficient flight operations. In servicing customers in a professional manner and in accordance to company objectives and standards, you will help to provide customer satisfaction.
- Assisting the Captain in the safe and efficient conduct of the flight planning through termination.
- Complying with all applicable FARs, TSA, DOT regulations, company procedures and policies.
- Performing the correct and timely completion of all duties assigned by either the company or Captain.
- Conducting a preflight inspection of all cabin emergency equipment applicable to the type of aircraft as outlined in the Inflight Manual.
- Promptly reporting any mechanical discrepancies to the Captain.
- Advocating directly and clearly to the Captain perceptions he or she may have relative to the safety of the passengers.
- Maintaining a high degree of crew coordination and professionalism.
- Performing duties in a professional, efficient and cordial manner at all times when on duty.
- Completing of records and reports as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned to support the efficient operation of the department and company.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College education or 2 years of customer service experience
- Ability to speak/read/write in English
- Must be at least 20 years of age
- Ability to relocate/commute to assigned domicile
- Maximum height of 6.0 ft and minimum height of 5 ft. 2 in. with shoes
- Must be in possession of a valid US or Foreign Passport with applicable VISAs
- If hired, must be able to demonstrate that you are authorized to work in the US
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
- Engaging Communicator
- Results Driven
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
- Being able to work up to 14 hours a day
- Being courteous
- Handling emergency situations
- Remaining calm
This job operates in an airplane. This role will occasionally use standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role;
however, the employee is frequently required to stand;
climb up anddown stairs;
lift weight up to 25 lbs;
use hands to handle or feel;
and reach with hands and arms.
All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer;
qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.