Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. Thats why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire talented people who thrive on solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and its our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.
Equinix is looking for an extraordinary Executive Assistant to support the AMER IBX Operations leadership team by prioritizing and completing multiple tasks and following through with team members to achieve group and individual goals. You will need to be proactive, detail oriented, and demonstrate a "get the job done" attitude. We are looking for someone who will be flexible and possess excellent decision-making and prioritization skills. We are looking for a highly motivated professional with solid project management, organizational and communication skills, both written and verbal. You are enthusiastic, dedicated, used to working in highly confidential and customer focused environments. Additionally, you are able to develop and maintain positive working relationships at all organizational levels.
- Heavy calendar management for one busy SVP
- Manage a global calendar with multiple time zones, sometimes for a single meeting
- Handle a complex travel and accommodation schedule using the internal Equinix travel program wherever possible (with need to juggle multiple requests in the moment and resolve scheduling issues)
- Complete expense reports with attention to detail and accuracy
- Review direct reports expense reports, ensuring all expenses are accurate and within policy guidelines for SVP to approve
- Schedule, develop agendas, manage attendance and responses, and create action-item follow up (whether in person or virtual)
- Organizes meetings and develops agendas and meeting materials (such as presentations and reports) as needed
- Handle meeting logistics including venues, video conferencing and audio-visual tools
- Plan and organize AMER IBX Operations Leadership meetings and event planning
- Handle multiple assignments with competing priorities
- Provide administrative assistance to the broader AMER IBX Operations Leadership team and its programs/projects.
- Maintain confidentiality and deal with information that is highly sensitive
- Process Purchase Orders and actively handle to completion
- Partner with internal support organization and develop positive and productive partnership in support of the business
- Recognition program support
- Coordinate special projects as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 3+ years of Administrative experience (or equivalent) preferred. Senior level management support experience highly preferred.
- Expert proficiency in MS Office - PowerPoint, Excel & Word preferred
- Extraordinary attention to detail and a dedication to meeting expectations for quality and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dedication to the highest degree of discretion and respect for confidentiality
- Highly organized and excellent at planning
- Ability to build and maintain positive and productive inter-departmental working relationships.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.