Designer 3 graphic design
The next big thing in data is you!
This position requires specialized knowledge of methods and techniques of graphic design and layout (print and digital) to support product multiple launches across multiple brands. You will be included as a partner in all phases of the design process and directly responsible in the development and delivery of final, production-ready files. As Graphic Designer you should demonstrate a high level of proficiency in design, web and multimedia software and applications, most notably in Adobe Creative Suite. This role is more than the design and production of specific pieces. The ideal candidate is a self-starter; has experience interpreting business objectives into actionable design direction; and demonstrates an ability to collaborate across the marketing department. You are deadline-driven and know how to manage your workload to those deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Apply a solutions-oriented, collaborative, proactive, and flexible approach
- Deliver creative supporting the Product and Channel Marketing teams' in collaboration with copywriters, project managers, and web developers.
- Provide design and creation of marketing materials such as logos, icons, print ads, brochures, web banners, datasheets, and other collateral.
- Build, edit, prepare and implement print and web-ready files.
- Ensure projects are high quality design, delivered on schedule and always adhering to the brand standards.
- Collaborate with the creative manager and other designers on projects from concept to completion.
- Present creative concepts/designs confidently to both internal Marketing
- Communications group as well as product marketing
GRAPHIC DESIGNER QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS:
- 3-5 years of creative in-house or agency experience
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design, or related field
- Have a well-rounded portfolio demonstrating a keen eye for color theory, composition, layout and overall crisp execution across both print and digital media
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and balance your workflow in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understanding of typography, branding, and layout principles
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
- High-level photo-editing and retouching ability
- Solid experience with image compression, file correction, and optimization techniques
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal and presentations skills
- Strong knowledge in all facets of print production including but not limited to
- Prepress, preflight, offset press, digital printing, bindery, color proofing and fulfilment
- Experience working for retail channel needs a plus
- Experience working within a project management workflow system (Workfront, JIRA, Asana, Basecamp, etc)
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail
- A quick learner with the ability to learn from past mistakes
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Receptive to feedback
- Product packaging experience (design, production, fulfillment) a big plus
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL ®
The future. It’s on you. You & Western Digital.
We’ve been storing the world’s data for more than 50 years. Once, storage was the most important thing we could do for data. Now, we’re helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and government organizations come to us for the technologies and solutions needed to bring meaning and value to their ever-increasing diversity of data.
But we can’t do it alone. Today’s exceptional data challenges require your unique skills. You can be the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer.
Western Digital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person’s gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person’s assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster .
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here . Este empleador participa in E-Verify .