Data scientist, premium products discovery
We’re looking for an ambitious Data Scientist to join a team leading efforts to further expand our customer offering for Spotify Premium, and help us deliver a best-in-class Premium experience to the world’s music fans. What does the music landscape look like in 2023? How will people listen to music in a world of voice controlled UI, autonomous cars and AR? With a focus on innovation projects, you will be part of a small, agile, and constantly evolving team, working to identify and execute upon growth opportunities that meet our ambitious commercial and user experience goals. In this role, you will empower the team with all things data – analyzing survey data to glean consumer insights and inform market sizing workstreams, dive into Spotify’s user-level streaming behavior, artist affinity to build new core datasets and dashboards – and more. We are looking for a Data Scientist capable of setting their own priorities and pushing ahead through any obstacle. As a Data Scientist, your mission is to turn our 200 petabytes of data into insights and gain a deep understanding of music and listeners to impact the way users engage with Spotify. What you’ll do
- Work closely with a tight knit, cross-functional team of skilled engineers, data scientists, user researchers, and product managers who are all passionate about creating new innovative products/experiences for our users.
- Perform segmentation analyses to understand how users currently engage with Spotify, what their key pain points are, and help shape the future of what the user experience or product suite could become.
- Turn data into insights helping to ideate and define innovative “go-to-market” products and app features for our users.
- Establish and maintain a culture of rigor and data curiosity to drive tangible business impact.
- Work from our offices in New York, with some travel to other Spotify office locations.
Who you are
- You have at least 5+ years of relevant experience, with a degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, economics, or other quantitative discipline.
- Coding skills (such as Python) and analytics tools experience (such as Pandas, SQL or R), machine learning packages a plus.
- Capacity and passion to translate business objectives into actionable analyses, and analytic results into business and product recommendations.
- Experience with qualitative research, segmentation/clustering algorithms, and conjoint/maxdiff analysis.
- You thrive in a dynamic environment and are able to execute with autonomy.
- Experience in consulting/finance or business case sizing a plus.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens. Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.