Construction senior estimator
* Prepare budget estimates on construction projects, detailed and accurate bid estimates and bid packages, potentially on short turnaround time.
* Solicit and evaluate scope completeness of proposals from multiple trade subcontractors, and effectively communicate and negotiate with subcontractors.
Our client is a leader in providing value-added construction services since 1995. They create a successful partnership with their customers throughout the construction process. Their pledge is to establish lasting relationships exceeding expectations and gaining trust through exceptional performance by every member of the construction team.
* Attend site visits and pre-bid meetings
* Compare and qualify subcontractor estimates
* Prepare and submit budgets, estimates, weekly progress reports and cost tracking reports as well as project schedule
* Analyze blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labor estimates
* Effectively communicate with clients, architects, subcontractors and/or suppliers to prepare estimates for all jobs, review quotes for accuracy and scope
* To discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues submit proposals and bid packages within provided due dates
* Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating price.
* Review change orders and inform office staff immediately of any issues and discrepancies
* Resolves cost discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information
* Minimum five-year experience as an Construction Estimator
* Degree in a related field
* Additional experience in all facets of construction
* Organized and detail-oriented team player
* Flexible and comfortable with short deadlines
* Ability to balance and maintain multiple projects
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, Project and PowerPoint)
* $100,000 - $135,000 base salary based on years of experience
* 401k match, 75 of health care paid for by the client
* 15 days vacation
* Discretionary bonus opportunity
* Collaborative work environment
* Fast track for growth available to leadership positions