Be involved in projects with our Construction Services Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client’s objectives and solves their challenges. At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future! WSP is seeking a Sr. Construction Inspector to join our Construction Services Group in Baltimore, Maryland. This is a full-time position, working specifically for the MDOT State Highway Administration (SHA) District 4 construction program. In this role, you will report to MDOT SHA's assigned projects. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect the work of contractors on highway, bridge, paving, drainage or other complex construction projects to ensure compliance with specifications, standards and codes
- Conduct routine field tests on construction materials such as slump test, air content test, and compaction tests
- Measure and record material placed for periodic contractor payments
- Prepare daily inspection reports and/or logs that describe number of employees on a job site, amount of work performed, and materials used, weather conditions, accidents on the job site and equipment use
- Work in various weather conditions and terrains and will be available nights and weekends as needed
- Work effectively with others
- Understand and follow instructions
Talent is the essence of meeting our client’s objectives, goals and challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to have that first discussion of you joining our team.
- High school graduate or possession of a State high school equivalence certificate
- 3 years of inspection experience in inspection of highway and/or bridge construction.
- Prior experience with MDOT SHA recommended.
- Working knowledge of MDOT SHA, state and federal safety, environment guidelines and regulations.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proficient in math and English.
- Working skill in operating computer equipment, software programs and field inspection equipment; read and interpret roadway plans and contract specifications; maintain detailed records, and communicate effectively with agency, contractor personnel and the public.
- Dependable transportation is required.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct and adhere to WSP’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Education beyond High School
- MARTCP Certifications
- OSHA 10 and E&S Certifications
About WSP USA WSP USA is the U.S. operating company of one of the world's leading engineering and professional services firms. Dedicated to serving local communities, we are engineers, planners, technical experts, strategic advisors and construction management professionals. WSP USA designs lasting solutions in the transportation, buildings, energy, water and environment sectors. With nearly 9,500 people in 150 offices across the U.S., we partner with our clients to help communities prosper. WSP provides a comprehensive suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, life, and retirement savings focused on a providing health and financial stability throughout the employee’s career. At WSP, we want to give our employees the challenges they seek to grow their careers and knowledge base. Your daily contributions to your team will be a key piece in our meeting client objectives, goals and challenges. Are you ready to get started? As a federal contractor and recipient of federal funds, WSP USA is a drug free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Age/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disability or Protected Veteran Status The selected candidate must be authorized to work in the United States. This position is subject to and contingent upon client approval of candidates put forth for consideration by WSP.