DB Schenker is the world’s leading global logistics provider — we support industry and trade in the global exchange of goods through land transport, worldwide air and ocean freight, contract logistics and supply chain management. Integrated logistics resides at the world’s most important intersections, where the flow of goods creates an effective link between carriers. Our value-added services ensure the flow of goods continues seamlessly and supply chains stay lean and optimized for success. Our business holds top positions in automotive, technology, consumer goods, trade fair logistics, special transports, and special events logistics. Deine Aufgaben
Position Description Summary:
Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day Client Services team. The Client Service team interfaces directly with the customer and serves as the point of contact for all operational and administrative activities associated with the customer. This position is a customer facing role, with the objective of optimizing our business. The Supervisor, Client Services understands the customer’s business, including current shipment, statistical and financial status, and ensures assigned resources are proactively working to identify and resolve operational issues and risks. The Client Service team acts as the continuity point between the Customer and Operations.
Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
- Monitor and oversee the day-to-day Client Services function.
- Provides guidance and acts as an escalation point where necessary and handles and process important or complex file related tasks that are critical to a key customer or the success of the division.
- Oversight of interfacing with customers, prospects and other employees.
- Understands overall department operations and workload assignments; can back-up and/or represent department manager in his/her absence.
- Provides input to Management functions, when required. Assists with management assignments and projects, such as forecasting, special reporting, workload planning, and personnel development.
- Acts as a resource for issue resolution and training.
- Acts as a resource for other projects and/or special requests, and performs these activities with minimal guidance and supervision.
- Has formal supervisory and personnel development responsibilities for any direct reports – including setting roles and expectations, formally delivering performance evaluations and establishing training.
- Effectively and consistently follow company’s guidelines
- Ability to think outside of the box and offer effective solutions
- Act as a resource for issue resolution and training
- Effectively analyze performance problems in order to resolve systemic issues
- Proactively identify potential issues and work to resolve as quickly as possible.
- Proactively seek to remove potential obstacles to success
- Consistently and effectively handles supervisory and personnel development responsibilities for any direct reports
- Effectively assist Manager in setting and measuring objectives
- Effectively assist the manager in all relevant tasks assigned to that position
- Consistently provide effective input to Management functions, when required
- Effectively and consistently ensure the delivery of a consistent good and high quality product
- Timely, effective and profitable handling of all Client Service requests and requirements
- Act as an effective resource for support of other projects and/or special requests, as required
- Actively assists in On-boarding of accounts, including creation of accurate and effective on-boarding documentation
- Effectively represent the department with management and external partners/vendors
The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills
(The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
§ 5 years minimum experience in the Ocean Freight Forwarding Market: airfreight operational knowledge, Carrier and Importer contacts, INCOTERMS, ocean freight terminology
§ Knowledge of U.S. Customs requirements
§ Knowledge of Freight Forwarding / Supply Chain Logistics Operations
§ Knowledge of Incoterms
§ Knowledge of Ocean Freight Operations
§ Knowledge of ports and geography
§ Understanding of carriers’ pricing structure
§ Understanding of carriers’ service and routing
§ Understanding of customer business requirements and current arrangements with Schenker
§ Understanding of overall department operations and workload assignments
§ Understanding of the customer's business, including current shipment, statistical and financial status
§ Communicates ideas clearly and concisely
§ Effectively persuade and influence others
§ Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
§ Effective problem solving and critical thinking skills (proactive and reactive)
§ Ability to motivate people to perform
§ Effectively plans work and measures performance
§ Set clear goals and achieve results
§ Strong planning and organizational skills
§ Effectively manage stress - possess a rational temper under pressure
§ Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
§ Ability to develop solid relationships within the team
§ Ability to delegate and empower others
§ Effectively provides feedback, recognition and support
§ Ability to mentor and coach in a team environment
§ Effectively manage/supervise employees
Client Services Supervisor
Phoenix, Vereinigte Staaten