Case manager discharge planner registered nurse rn or LCSW hospital
California Rehab Institute
*A joint venture with Select Medical & UCLA and Cedars-Sinai*
Los Angeles, CA
Case Manager (RN, Registered Nurse or LCSW)
Case Managers at Cal Rehab have an average case load of 15-20 patients, caseload may vary based on experience and ability. Our Case Managers help with discharge planning and work with an interdisciplinary team. Patient at Cal Rehab have a high discharge to home rate.
The Case Manager (RN or LCSW) is responsible for the coordination of health care decisions by using a systematic approach to assure treatment plans that improve quality and outcomes, coordination of care across the continuum; promotion of cost-effective care within the allotted time frame; assuring payments of hospital-based services meeting patient-related utilization management criteria, and implementation of safe and appropriate discharge plans. The Case Manager, assesses the social work needs of the patient and provides social work intervention as part of the discharge planning process. The primary job functions in Case Management include: Clinical Interventions/Discharge and Care Planning Management; Fiscal Management; and Payer/Referral Management.
Minimum Education & Experience (Including Licenses)
- BSN in Nursing or LCSW required.
- If RN - Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse required.
- Previous experience in case management or related area required.
At our Rehabilitation Hospitals, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment. We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Other benefits of the position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and relocation opportunities