Associate hr business partner - games
As HR Business Partners, we are not a compliance function and we don’t make decisions from an ivory tower. Instead, we focus on our needs, carefully listening to the problem spaces and working with Rioters to get to an optimal outcome. We view ourselves as trusted consultants and advisers with a specific expertise in all things “HR”. Working in HR at Riot enables you to redefine what positive human resource practices are. We re-imagine events, onboarding, perks, and communications so they resonate with our workforce.
The Associate HR Business Partner reporting to the Senior Manager, HR Business Partner will collaborate with Rioters and HR Business Partners to provide personalized guidance and solutions on a variety of People-related activities requiring expertise and depth across multiple organizations and specialties. The Associate HR Business Partner will ensure our Rioters experience the best that Riot has to offer. The Associate HR Business Partner will focus on Rioters' experiences, provide prompt responses, share knowledge and experiences with fellow team members, and balance Rioters' needs with Riot’s philosophy, principles, and available resources.
- Be the first contact to answer Rioter and manager questions about People programs, policies, and other HR-related topics (benefits, performance management, compensation, learning and development)
- Be a first contact for employee relation matters and assist with documentation
- Assess Rioter inquiries and connect queries to the appropriate expert - immigration, relocation, compensation, legal, benefits, and payroll
- Conduct exit interviews and periodic exit analyses, providing key themes to leadership
- Complete records audits of all information systems on a dedicated rhythm and ensure all data is correct across products and disciplines
- Identify opportunities to improve HR policies by connecting the dots across multiple experiences of Rioters/managers
- Identify and propose solutions to correct inconsistent HR policies and gaps
- Assist HR Business Partners with planning and roll-out of People projects, such as succession and organization planning, talent assessment, and change management
- 2+ years of experience in an HR generalist/business partner role and 3+ years of overall HR experience ; or 4+ years of experience in a specialist role
- Comprehensive knowledge of federal, state, and local employment law, administration of leaves of absences, ADA accommodations, investigations such as sexual harassment, and navigating workers comp claims
- You will have participated in full end-to-end HR calendar activities and had experience analyzing data to make recommendations as part of these processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business, or relevant field; or equivalent work experience
For this role, you'll find success through craft expertise, a collaborative spirit, and decision-making that prioritizes your fellow Rioters, who are the customers of your work.
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave , plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).