Associate director, sports production
Req ID: 176972 The Turner Sports Team
We're the group of passionate sports fans that bring you a variety of sports fueled broadcasts to the WarnerMedia networks like TBS, TNT and truTV. In addition you'll find our teams operating sites like NCAA.com, NBA.com, ELEAGUE.com, PGA.com and the popular b/r Live.
We're hiring for an Associate Director to support our Sports Production initiatives in the Atlanta office. Reporting into the Director of Sports Production, you'll have the opportunity to be part of something bigger than just yourself - you'll be part of a talented team of passionate sports enthusiasts working towards the same goals on a daily basis in a remote and studio atmosphere. Having a love and PASSION for all things sports especially NBA, MLB, E-Sports and UEFA is one piece that'll help you be incredibly successful in this role.
- Writing shot sheets, cards for talent, pre-producing tape elements and incorporating graphics, timing taped packages and counting producer / director out of all video packages.
- Balancing master control / studio communications as well as functioning as a remote AD during live events.
- Looking ahead to upcoming games and events to help provide content in a timely manner for remote/studio settings.
- Working with design and specialty graphic unit to create / update elements including gathering all tapes needed for edit as well as graphics to be incorporated.
- Working with editors for high end / specialty tape pieces and graphics and conveying edit needs coherently if unable to attend edit.
- Understanding popular music to contribute to remotes and studio.
- Staying on top of priorities in order to be proactive rather than reactive in nature.
Something to Note: Sports is a 24/7 type business and we try to be there to capture it all. Working late into the evenings and on weekends is required, so you'll need to make sure you're 100% comfortable with this flexible schedule.
- You have 1+ years' experience in studio and remote AD work
- You're a forward thinker who is organized and proactive.
- You're an excellent communicator and you're unafraid to ask questions to gain knowledge or insight.
- You're able to take direction and complete tasks independently.
- It's a plus if you have a love of sports, in particular the NBA, MLB, UEFA & E-Sports.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- 2018 Best Company for
- 2018 Best Company for
- An to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
The WarnerMedia Story
WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies, Turner Sports and others.
Warner Media, LLC and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers. Qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.