Assistant project manager (ground up construction)
This role is for an Assistant Superintendent to join a top ENR General Contractor here in Chicago. The growth for this candidate is unmatched as the pipeline of projects through 2023 is outstanding. The client is needing someone who can join the team, bring experience and want to learn to become a lead Superintendent.
This construction company, based in Chicago, has a track record for excellence resulting from a combination of wide-ranging experience, exceptional teamwork, and phenomenal growth. Additionally, our client places a strong emphasis on positive company culture and they want to grow their team with savvy construction professionals.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the entire scope of work, including plans, specifications, logistics, materials, equipment, submittal and other requirements.
- Coordinate subcontractors and manage on-site production.
- Prepare and maintain a three-week look-ahead schedule for all activities on the job site; submit to Project Manager and/or Prime contractor weekly.
- Facilitate company safety program (job site safety inspections, weekly safety meetings, etc.).
- Maintain daily reports to submit to Project Manager and or Prime contractor daily.
- Review and adhere to project schedule.
- Maintain project photos of all phases and features of work.
- Maintain entire job site in neat and orderly manner. Assure good housekeeping practices are employed in all areas.
- Manage quality control by confirming that all equipment and material installed is what was submitted by subcontractor.
The successful applicant will be ready and hungry to come into a firm that is experiencing tremendous growth. With some extremely exciting projects just awarded, and more in the horizon, this role will be monumental to business as they continue to push forward and challenge some of the larger players in the market. This individual will exhibit a strong worth ethic, desire to motivate others, and willingness to become a future leader within the firm.
- A competitive base salary between $85,000-$115,000 (Depending on Experience)
- Competitive bonus structure, project/profit based. Typically between $8,000-$15,000 in the first year)
- Medical insurance including dental (100% coverage for individual and dependents)
- Generous 401K structure (5% match)
- Car allowance ($700/month)
- 20 PTO Days, 10 vacation days