Thanks for your interest in Success Academy Running the largest, fastest-growing, and highest-performing network of public charter schools in New York City takes a village - families, children, teachers, advocates, and supporters alike. We love to welcome you to our community We work tirelessly every day to ensure each child in NYC has access to a fun, rigorous, whole-child education regardless of zip code or economic status. When you join SA, you play a part in giving every student who walks through the doors of one of our 49 schools in NYC a fair shot at reaching his or her potential.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis both for immediate vacancies and for our 2023 - 2024 School Year.
About Success Academy Charter Schools
Success Academy Charter Schools is a high-achieving, leading-edge network of 47 K-12 public charter schools serving over 23,000 scholars throughout New York City. At Success Academy Charter Schools, we're redefining what's possible in public education.
As a high-performing, whole-child focused charter school, we are looking for talented, invested Art Teachers with a robust background in Visual Arts to join our community. We are looking for Art Teachers to engage our Scholars in fostering a love for art, exploring the creative process, and highlighting their artistic talents.
At Success, non- academic subjects aren't "
but essential. We expect our scholar talent teachers to be masters of their craft and share their passions, talents, and experiences in the classroom.
In this role, you will:
- Build a safe and joyful classroom culture in which scholars develop a love for art
- Engage students in the creative process and foster their talents, while deepening their knowledge and understanding of art, design, and art history
- Collaborate with Art Teachers across the network to build a premier art program, while cultivating a school environment that prioritizes aesthetics and makes learning visible to the community
- Build a culture of self-expression, and utilize the inquiry-based teaching and learning approach as a way to press scholars' critical and conceptual thinking about art
- Engage in multiple Professional Developments to benefit from targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, accelerating learning and growth with unparalleled support
We invite you to apply if you:
- Have graduated with a Bachelor's degree in the Visual Arts (Fine Arts, Illustration, Photography, Graphic Design, Fashion Design, etc.) or Art Education
- Have an outstanding record of academic achievement
- Have an art or art education portfolio that showcases your skill-set, and demonstrates your passion for art and learning
- Have experience with holistic exposures to art and art history
- Possess the ability to set ambitious goals for yourself and set high expectations for your Scholars
- Embrace collaboration
Please submit a resume and a one-page letter of interest detailing your particular interest in this role and in being an Art Educator at Success Academy. Your portfolio should be included in either your resume or cover letter.
$50,000.00 - exact compensation may vary based on skills and experience.
About Success Academy:
We're redefining what's possible in public education. We set out to tackle this education crisis with a groundbreaking school design that delivers a rigorous, whole-child education to students from all backgrounds. Today, as the fastest-growing, highest-performing chart school network in New York, our network of 49 K-12 schools enrolls 20,000 students, most of them low-income children of color, and outperforms every district in the state, proving irrefutably that all children are capable of excellence.
Current Success Academies Employees:
Please apply through the Jobs Posting in your Success Academies Workday Account.
You will be asked to log in through your Okta Profile.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We actively seek applications from people of all backgrounds to strengthen our community and the perspectives needed to flourish in a multicultural world. Success Academy offers a full benefits program and opportunities for professional growth. Learn more about our philosophy, benefits, and team at our Working Here page.
Success Academy Charter Schools does not offer employment-based immigration sponsorship.