Based in Maryland, Kirlin Design Build is one of the nation's leading engineering and construction companies. With a focus on large, complex federal and private sector projects, the company has provided exceptional services to its clients and demonstrated an unwavering commitment to its business partners. KDB's talented team of engineers and construction experts prides itself on taking an innovative and collaborative approach to finding the most efficient and effective design build solutions and delivering even the most challenging projects on time and under budget.
KDB is looking for talented individuals who enjoy challenges to join the team. We are currently seeking a Accounting Manager. This position is based in Rockville, Maryland and reports to our Vice President of Finance.
The Accounting Manager, reporting directly to the Vice President of Finance and coordinating with the Controller, is responsible for day-to-day operations of accounting systems. This position supervises the accounting staff and is responsible for managing the accounting team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner and supports the Controllers activities. This position addresses tight deadlines, a multitude of accounting activities and continuous workflow process improvements in the Accounting Department. The Accounting Manager may have contact with all levels of employees in the organization which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal.
Essential Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Supervise the accounting staff to ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met;
- Identify new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department and assist in the development and implementation of the supporting process;
- Provide training and cross-training to new and existing staff as needed;
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy;
- Support the Controller to ensure timely reporting of all monthly financial information;
- Prepare sales tax returns and assist Payroll Manager with tax filings;
- Complete daily banking requirements;
- Learn IT functions and report writing through cross-training and be additional resource when necessary;
- Assist with ad hoc reports and special projects as needed;
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Finance and the Controller to work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA/CMA required;
- Three to five years prior supervisory experience in the financial reporting/general ledger area. Experience working in a construction or manufacturing organization is preferred;
- Must be computer and software proficient, and able to thrive in a fast-paced setting. Experience with Viewpoint Construction Software or another ERP system a plus. Must have strong experience with the Microsoft Excel;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Detail oriented, organized and must be able to work independently;
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required;
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required;
- Required tofollow any other job-related duties required by the manager.
The physical demands of this position are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position is based in our Rockville, Maryland office and requires in office work to access estimating related data and partnering with preconstruction teams. The ability to work in the office is required, as well as work extended hours to meet proposal deadlines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable an individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
An Equal Opportunity Employer:
KDB is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. All employment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Powered by JazzHR